Heathcote Winery, established in 1978, was one of the first commercial wineries in Heathcote. The building dates back to 1854 when Thomas Craven established ‘Craven’s Stores’to cater for the produce needs of the huge influx of gold miners seeking their fortune in the heady gold rush days.
Craven, an entrepreneurial type, also ran a coach service (depicted in our logo) from stables behind Cellar Door, delivering supplies and mail around Central Victoria, hence the significance of the ‘Mail Coach’ range.
In 1997 the winery was purchased by an independent group of wine enthusiasts led by Stephen Wilkins. Stephen and his partners share a passionate commitment to produce wines reflective of the Heathcote Region whilst retaining the winery’s own distinct style. The wines attest to this commitment, delivering concentrated fruit aromas and flavours along with intense colour, and a finishing elegance enhanced by splashes of viognier.
Heathcote Winery is now meeting the demand for wines truly reflective of the region, but with the Winery’s individual stamp of innovation and excellence.